Monday, August 31, 2009

Doing Sit Ups with Chewbacca

Doing sit ups with Chewbacca is more fun than you think. Ok, so I haven't actually met Chewy himself or performed any real sit up manuevers with him, but my Star Wars-obsessed husband is a close second to the furry wookie--accept for the fact that he doesn't wear a bandolier.

As a recap for those of you who weren't lucky enough to be present in our living room this evening, Nick and I returned from a 40 minute run and then stretched out in front of the TV to do the 16 minute Ab Ripper X DVD. In the 4-5 times Nick has jumped in on this tape with me, some typical grunting has occured along with cursing here and there. Tonight was different.

The normal grunting started on the second move (bicycles), but was suddenly characterize by the unearthly sounds of a wookie attempting to save Han Solo. As if that wasn't enough, Chewy, I mean Nick, threw in some very unique non-English vocabulary, a little bit of cackling, and heavy breathing as if each breath was his last.

While I find this extremely funny, it messes up my X-ness. Tony Horton would not like this. Not only do I have to pause on a move, but I have to keep from peeing my shorts in anticipation of the next sound. I think I should record this on my phone the next time we do ab-ripper and you can witness Chewy in action. My words don't do it justice.

In all seriousness though, Nick has been doing the ab video with me as well as the Kempo. He decided to go on a diet after an unflattering pic of him showed up on Facebook. I won't mention who posted it. Thanks Kirstie. haha.

Actually, Nick's decision to workout has made me REALLY happy. I am always worried about his health. He has a family history of high cholesterol and his love of bacon and Wendy's Double Stacks scare me to death. I think he is moving in the right direction and for that, I am truly proud of him.

5 comments:

  1. Yay Nick! btw, I can't do the backward bicycles. Like my legs just don't go that way. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick needs to upgrade from the Double Stack: If you’re at Wendy’s and you’re really hungry – like, three-patties-just-won’t-cut-it hungry, go ahead and order the Grand Slam, which is four patties stacked on a bun. It’s also known as the Meat Cube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Nick's "ito" diet - where he couldn't eat things that ended in "ito". It made eating Chipotle in front of him the highlight of my day.

    And for the record - he also makes funny noises when unable to to share in burrito goodness.

    ReplyDelete