Monday, August 10, 2009

So this is my recovery week?

I thought this was going to be a little easier. You know...none of the grunting and soreness. But, I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Ok so maybe those words are a little strong, but seriously, when I got out of bed this morning, I could not, and still cannot, move my head up and down.

Left and right = fine.
Up and down = wrong.

I'm praying that I slept funny on my neck because I felt fine yesterday after the Core Synergistics workout. Don't get me wrong, the superman roll into a banana twist v-up should not be considered a recovery week exercise, but the dvd wasn't Plyometrics. Nothing is Plyo.

Because I didn't want to break my workout today, I grunted through a 30 minute run and did Kempo (my fav). I couldn't 'bring it' as much as I would've liked, but kept reminding myself that this was recovery week and it was probably okay to dog a few punches and kicks.

I have an appointment tomorrow with a true miracle worker, Ollie Carver. This woman saved me from jaw surgery through the art of deep tissue massage. Her technique is outstanding and she is a wonderful and caring woman. I hope she can fix me before Phase 2 begins on Saturday. Let me know if any of you need a good massage therapist.

Stay tuned this week as I post my Phase 1 photos and remeasure body fat this Friday. joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment