Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 19 - So tireeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddd

I'm almost done with week 3 of the program, which means that week 4 is recovery, and then I start phase 2. It's hard to believe that I have gotten this far. To be honest though, I am completely dead. I can barely get in the shower after my morning workout and on my drive to work, I shut my eyes at red lights. Last night, I almost fell asleep in my plate of peas.

I've also started using the bands this week instead of the weights. The 3 pounders were too light for me after a few workouts, which I guess is good. Annoyed that I have to go back and buy heavier ones, but that's neither here nor there. Actually, the bands are, in some ways, harder than free weights. The resistance is tough and keeps your muscles tensing through the entire exercise. I don't think I will stick with them solely for the rest of my journey, but they make a nice complement to the program and keep you from getting bored with it.

For guys out there, don't assume that the bands are wimpy just because they don't have the number 25 or 50 imprinted on them. Try them out and then judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment