Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Neck Update

I went to see the deep tissue massage therapist after work today and I feel MUCH better. I still can't tip my head down 100%, but it's getting there. She said it is probably a combination of p90x and the different pillow I slept on this weekend. I typically rock a memory foam, but I was at my mom's in my old bed and the pillows there just don't cut it.

The pain was stemming from my shoulder blade area, running up my neck, and into the area just below my hairline. The plan for the next few days is to ice it (I was told not to use heat), and take some ibuprofen to reduce the swelling. I have little sacs of fluid that built up in that hairline.

I had the option to do the Stretch X DVD today or rest, so I rested. I'll start back up tomorrow with Yoga X, taking it slow of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment