Sunday, July 19, 2009

Why p90x?

For those of you who don't know me, which is probably none of you considering that no one is reading this blog, my name is Marla and I am a 28-year old female from Cleveland, Ohio, who is really into working out. That's right, despite the statistics, not all of us in this city are fat.

I grew up in a very active family and started dancing at age three. In high school, I took up competitive running and have continued logging miles every week to date, 10 years after graduation.

My brother, who is an insane athlete and runner (like 4% body fat, if that), and I competed in and won the co-ed relay category in the 2004 Cleveland Marathon. But since training for that race, I've really just plateaued. I run between four-five miles a day, five days a week. This has allowed me to maintain my weight between 115 and 120 lbs at 5'7".

Before you start thinking I am crazy for wanting to lose weight/tone up, I have to tell you that despite my thin physique, I'm pretty pathetic when it comes to muscle mass. I have huge calves, but that's about it. I'm also starting to get fat in certain areas that I thought was impossible for runners to have happen to them. It scares me to death.

I was upstairs cleaning one day a few months ago when I saw this infomercial for p90x. It sucked me in instantly. Ok...ok, so it wasn't Magic Bullet quality, but it was still pretty good. I won't bore you with the details. If you haven't heard of it, Google it or visit www.beachbody.com. Basically it's a $120 investment for the video program plus some accessories, which I'll get to later. All in all, I spent $160.

I bought it online last Sunday, July 12, and decided that in order to make a commitment to this program, that I would blog about my journey. Essentially, I'm going to do the hard work for you.

If I can make it through 90 days of intense training and wind up completely ripped, you'll be more apt to do the program. If, after 90 days, I am still a big pile of suck, you can keep your $120+ and go have a doughnut. I hope you will follow me on this trip. I have a feeling it's going to be rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment