Thursday, July 30, 2009

Burn Out Already?

So I thought I was having my first "burn out" of p90x yesterday. I slept through my alarm, didn't do the scheduled workout, and felt sluggish, not to mention mad at myself for being lazy. By the time I got home, I had that overwhelming feeling of "workout dread" come over me. If you ran track or cross country in high school, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's that feeling that hides deep in the the pit of your stomach for the entire day. Only as the race, workout, or whatever it is that you are scared of gets closer, does the nausea begin to seep out, building slowly yet steadily. Then, right before the gun is fired, this queasiness turns to terror because you know that it's going to hurt, no matter what. I haven't felt this since my half-marathon four years ago, but this is how I felt on Tuesday. I didn't want to do p90x, but I knew I had to.

I managed to suck it up and complete the Yoga X DVD and Legs and Back, today (Wednesday), but I think I need some motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment