Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 5 - Shoulders and Back

Yesterday was the first day of the program that I actually woke up feeling good. And by "good" I mean that I can now sit up in bed without having to roll to my side and push myself up. Progress.

The Shoulders and Back DVD was definitely manageable. As I said before, I am only using 3lb weights, but for now, I think that is enough.

I have to say that I'm not feeling as hopeless as before. I think I will actually be able to complete the entire p90x program. If you are just starting it today or are thinking about doing it in the future, trust me, those first 3 days are TERRIBLE. If you can get through that though, it seems to be getting easier. Maybe I shouldn't speak too soon.

I am continuing my running routine too. This is helping me move the lactic acid around in my legs so I don't stay as sore as long. My husband Nick has been running with me too which is nice. I like the company.

After my evening run, I did the Ab Ripper X video for the third time. You'll notice in the workout book that abs are paired with specific days. I'm working the abs 3x a week for 16 minutes each time. It doesn't sound like a lot, but honestly, my stomach feels tighter after just 5 days.

Let's talk diet for a minute too. I've been drinking my giant eagle whey powder/milk/strawberries shakes in the morning and pairing it with a Luna Bar for my snack. For lunch, I've been eating red meat or some type of protein or a spinach salad. Cottage Cheese makes a great pre-run snack. It's kinda gross, but I'm learning to handle it. Other than that, I am not really following a strict diet. I haven't had ice cream or cake, but I have been eating some chocolate here and there. I guess that is bad, but I'm a woman and crave it.

Last night, I basically blew the diet completely on the way home from a friend's birthday party. Nick and I were starving and went to Wendy's. (my idea) I had a jr. bacon cheeseburger, 5 piece chicken nugget, and half of Nick's fries. It's moments like those when I now know why I am 25.5% body fat. Bad Marla.

And I start over again, today. No Wendy's.

1 comment:

  1. wendys was fantastic last night though. so delicious. i could not live in a wendys-less world. it would be a sad place. maybe thinner. but sadder. i guess that would limit the amount of places in the world that i could live, but i'm cool with fat ol' america. he's a cool dude. we get along well.

    i think i want to start the pWendysX, which, i guess, would be just like the movie 'supersize me' but with wendys instead of mcdonalds, and it'd be for 3 months instead of 1, and i'd probably die on day 43.

    ReplyDelete