Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 6 - Kempo X

After our Wendy's run and two glasses of wine at Jen's housewarming party (I'm a light-weight when it comes to alcohol), I think Nick thought that I wasn't going to be able to get up this morning and "bring it" as Tony Horton says.

I brought it.

Kempo is basically Tae-Bo which Nick and I think is named after the combination of Tai Chi, Tai Kwan Do, and Billy Blanks, who I just found out was a B-movie star. Talons of the Eagle anyone? Expect No Mercy? Yeah I haven't seen them either.

Today's workout was not bad at all. If you are in any type of cardiovascular shape, you will be able to do it no problem. I think I did have an edge because I have experienced the insaneness that is Joni Mlakar. I was introduced to Joni's classes at Evolution Yoga by a co-worker. Her classes were 1h15 min and burned 1,400 calories. Intense.

I'm not linking to Evo's site because they let her go a few months after I started classes there. I was upset and I know a lot of other people who were attending her classes for much longer than me were devistated. Joni taught a great yoga sculpting class set to any and every kind of music (Sam & Dave, country, techno, C&C Music Factory).

I've hear that she is now working somewhere over in Bentlyville. If anyone knows, please let me know! It's too far for me to drive, but I would love to know that she is helping others get in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment