Friday, October 2, 2009

The Breakfast Club

I forced Nick out of bed yesterday morning before the sun came up. It was 6:20 a.m. and Kempo was on the agenda. We were attending an international dinner in the evening and wouldn't have the time or the stomach to get through the workout afterward, so morning it was.

A crab is the best word I can think of to describe Nick once Tony Horton began his antics. Not only did he mouth off complaints of how early it was and how hungry he was, but when we did our ballistic stretching and jumping jacks during the breaks, his arms and legs flailed about in obscure movements that he looked like a crab on the beach, struggling to get away from the tide. A few times I had to turn away to keep from laughing out loud. Sorry Nick :)

There is a woman in the Kempo video, Vanessa, that reminds Nick of Molly Ringwald. If you have ever heard him describe Molly, you already know what he likens her to...

Comment here if you think you know the answer.

I think it's the pale face and red hair, although I'm not quite sure. My brothers are pale-faced and have red hair. I wonder what he thinks of them?

We're soooooo having a red-headed child.

Anyway, back to Vanessa.

Nick: "She has a fat neck."
Me: "Do I have a fat neck."
Nick: "No, you have a thin neck."
Me: "I know."
Nick "That's why I married you, because you have a thin neck."


Tomorrow marks the start of my second to last week. It's hard to believe it's almost over.

1 comment:

  1. i don't hate molly ringwald because of her hair color... i hate her because she looks like she's constantly retaining 30 lbs. of water and it freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete