Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lipstick

What I have come to realize in these last few weeks of the p90x program is that I'm not hot. I never actually considered myself hot...ever, but I came to the realization yesterday when talking with one of my best friends, Megan. With each day and year that passes, I get less hot than the year before, and since--like I said--I'm not hot, that leaves me at....well, not hot and...old too. Almost 30 to be exact.

For those of you who know me well, you know that I don't paint my nails and that I have calloused feet from years of running. My husband Nick knows that I shave my legs maybe once a week if he's lucky. Each morning, I leave the house wearing conservative clothing and end the night in sweats and baggy t-shirts. Most of the time, my face is perspiring from running or tackling a p90x dvd.

Over these past three phases of the p90x workout, my body has definitely improved dramatically. I've lost fat and inches in all of the right place it seems. But when I look in the mirror, I still see the same Marla, just maybe a little more tired looking from all of the activity.

What fun am I really having if I don't celebrate what youth I have left now. In 10 years, cellulite will take over and we'll all be fat. So my thought is this: even though I sometimes consider myself pure tomboy at heart, I think I should put on some lipstick...or a pair of red pinstripe pants from Paris.

It can't hurt. It could change my mood.

1 comment:

  1. My first reaction was "ewww". First of all, Marla, you are beautiful. Hot is no match for beautiful. Hot is for dogs in heat, strippers (rare, but works well for the example), and insecure teenagers. Real beauty is only real beauty when magnified by what is within. Anyone that knows the real you knows the real beauty. :)
    Love,
    Your really hot friend

    ReplyDelete